Transfer resources for Kellogg Community College
Kellogg Community College and Western Michigan University have an established transfer partnership. Our goal is to help you maximize your time at KCC so that your transition to WMU is as smooth as possible. This page directs you to online resources and real people in admissions and advising that care about your questions and want to help you succeed.
Course equivalencies General education guide Major guides
WMU Essential Studies (WES) is the required curriculum for all undergraduate students at Western Michigan University. Courses are designed to help students become fluent in change and driven to contribute; develop perseverance; and be ready for their future. Students develop the skills employers seek most in graduates—demonstrated complex problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, emotional intelligence, judgment, and decision making. The WES guide is for catalog years beginning in 2020. The MTA fulfills levels 1 and 2 of WES so transfer students are encouraged to complete the MTA before transferring to Western.
ESSENTIAL STUDIES GUIDE FOR KCC: EFFECTIVE FALL 2020
Online resources for transfer students
- Transfer admission criteria
- Transfer student scholarships
- Admitted student checklist
- Academic advising
- Michigan Transfer Agreement
- Career outcomes
- Lee Honors College
If you have questions, please call the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
You can also email us at email@example.com.
Campus visits at WMU
PHI THETA KAPPA
WMU's Phi Theta Kappa Alumni chapter, Alpha of Michigan, invites you to join us for fun activities and volunteer opportunities that will positively shape your experience at WMU! The chapter strives to follow the four hallmarks: scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service. You can connect with us on Facebook or via email.
Our transfer guides prepare KCC students for a number of specific majors at WMU. If your intended major is not listed, please connect with your WMU representative for further assistance.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education and Human Development majors
- Criminal Justice
- Freshwater Science and Sustainability
- Health Administration
- Healthcare Services and Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology & Audiology
- Sustainable Brewing
- University Studies
ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS WITH WMU
Our Articulation agreements ensure Kellogg Community College students have a direct and clear graduation path for a number of specific majors at WMU. If your intended major is not listed, please connect with your WMU representative for further assistance.
- Institutional Agreement (2018)
- Aerospace Engineering (2018)
- Biomedical Science (2018)
- Business (2018)
- Civil Engineering (2018)
- Early Childhood Elementary Education (2018)
- Economics (BS) (2018)
- Economics (BA), History Minor (2018)
- Economics (BA), Philosophy Minor (2018)
- Economics (BA), Political Science (2018)
- Elementary Education (2018)
- Joint Admission Engineering Program (2010)
- Joint Admission Aviation Program (2010)
- Mechanical Engineering (2018)
- Nursing (2018)
- Psychology (2018)
- Public Health (2022)
- Social Work (2022)