Social distancing and safety guidelines
Western Michigan University and Metro Transit have taken the following steps to address ridership capacity and social distancing:
- Passengers will enter at the front of the bus and exit from the rear door.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available installed inside the rear door for passengers to use.
- Face coverings will be required for all riders.
- Seating on the bus has been designated to promote social distancing. No standing is allowed.
- Drivers have been advised to operate their bus with the hatches and the windows open to facilitate the greatest airflow through the bus weather permitting.
- Buses and shuttles will be sanitized daily. This entails the spraying of sanitizer on all touchable surfaces in the passenger and driver compartments.
- Buses and shuttles will be detailed on a weekly basis. This includes the wiping down of all handrails, straps, wheelchair tie-down strap ends and ratchets, seat control handles and seat belt ends, radio mics and knobs, and all dash knobs and controls.
- Aerosol disinfectant foggers are used weekly in buses and shuttle
Visit the WMU Safe Return Policy for more information.