All prospective students who submit completed audition materials and have been accepted by the university by January 31 will be considered for dance scholarships. All students are encouraged to complete their application to WMU by December 15 to be considered by the university for many competitive academic scholarships. Awards range from $1,000 to $4,000 per academic school year, some of which may be renewable. Scholarships are awarded based on demonstrated skill and potential. Dance faculty will determine scholarship awards after reviewing students who participate in the October and November auditions, including those who submit virtual audition materials at that time; additional scholarship awards will be made following faculty review of the February audition. Scholarship offers will be made via email. Offered scholarships must be accepted as directed in the award letter by May 1 unless arrangements for an extension have been made. Scholarship offers that have not been accepted by May 1 may be rescinded and awarded to another student.
Current dance students may apply for dance scholarship each year through completing the online scholarship application. Applications are due November 1. Faculty will consider students for all dance scholarships for which they are eligible based on the information provided in the application and the criteria of each scholarship fund. Students are also encouraged to complete and submit FAFSA information for need-based scholarship consideration. Scholarship award notifications will be emailed to a student's wmu email address in the spring semester detailing awards for the following academic year. Offered scholarships must be accepted as directed in the award letter.
- Tenho S. Connable Endowed Dance Scholarship
- Wendy L. Cornish Endowed Dance Scholarship
- The Dalton Exceptional Dance Major Scholarship
- The Dalton Dancers with Musicians Scholarship
- Ethel Perry Eaton and Jerrold T. French Endowed Dance Scholarship
- Arthur E. and Martha S. Hearron Student-Faculty Enrichment and Student Scholarship Endowment for Dance
- Jean Warner Labelle Endowed Dance Scholarship
- Robert D. Maverick Theatre and Dance Endowed Scholarship
- Edwin E. Meader Theatre and Performing Arts Endowed Scholarship
- The G. Eugene Mills Scholarship for Excellence in Ballet
- Partners in Dance Scholarship for Dance Majors
- Robert and Faye Luscombe Partners in Dance Endowed Scholarship
- Cleland and Ellen Weber Dance Scholarship
- The Cornelius Loew Young Scholarships
- Outstanding Dance Major Scholarship
Prospective and current students who apply for scholarships will receive written notification of their scholarship status. Recipients must reply accept the offered scholarship as directed in the award letter and by the deadline stated in order to have the award credited to their student account. If you have further questions, please call (269) 387-5834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your valid email address as this is the easiest way for us to reach you.