We are grateful for all those that submitted materials this year! We will begin accepting applications for the 5th year of this competition in the Fall of 2018.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen.
What to provide
- YouTube or Vimeo link of one complete work
- YouTube or Vimeo link of two consecutive minutes of one additional work. No choreographic reels, please. * Please modify settings on your Vimeo account to allow access to share via a private link.
- One-page proposal of the work you would like to create.
- Choreographic resume.
- Contact information (email address, USPS mailing address, phone numbers).
We are also accepting applications via ground mail but prefer electronic submissions. Mailed applications must include materials listed above. Please send to:
National Choreography Competition
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5417
Review of applications
Entries will be reviewed by WMU Department of Dance faculty who will select no more than three finalists. The Kalamazoo and Western Michigan University communities will have an opportunity to vote for the winner. For additional questions, email Whitney Moncrief at firstname.lastname@example.org.