The Department of Geography, Environment, and Tourism takes pride in planning for our future. We strive to consistently improve our department for the sake of our current students, alumni, partners on- and off-campus, and other collaborators. Our most recent strategic plan outlines our outlook from 2020 to 2026. In sum, we seek to provide real-world experience to our students both inside (i.e. experiential learning) and outside the classroom (i.e. internships), engage our students in all that our field has to offer via a supportive and inclusive academic environment, and excite students to be lifelong learners and leave WMU as stewards of geography and related fields/subfields. These. The plan was approved and adopted on April 30, 2020.
Strategic Plan Goals
- Emphasize experience in teaching and learning.
- Bolster a rigorous scholarly environment.
- Broader engagement is vital to our future.
- Recruit and support an active and dynamic student population.
- Build enthusiasm for the work we do.