Provides daily administration of the University’s employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee and labor relations and other human resource functions.
- Ensures the recruitment of a qualified and diverse workforce by counseling hiring agents on employment decisions and processes.
- Administers the staff compensation system. Advises supervisors and managers on pay administration and the job evaluation process. Participates in job evaluation committees.
- Provides effective counseling to employees on all benefits, including group insurance and leave of absences. Identifies appropriate options based upon employee group and other status considerations.
- Administers the performance management and probation systems. Develops performance improvement plans in collaboration with supervisors.
- Administers collective bargaining agreements. Attends and participates in grievance meetings as requested. Advises supervisors on contract application, the disciplinary action process and applicable regulations. Makes recommendations regarding employee relations cases.
- Performs daily administration of a variety of human resource functions, including unemployment, forms review and completion, exit interviews and file review. Serves as a consultant to the University community in order to providing accurate information and coaching regarding human resource laws and issues. Interprets University policies and procedures to ensure their equitable application.
- Participates with management in the development of human resource programs, processes, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Five years' relevant experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations, especially as they related to employment and compensation.
- Experience working with business software, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Collective bargaining experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with HR information systems.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Relevant industry certification.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.