Western Michigan University uses an automated system to request and approve the following personnel appointments and transactions: incidental pay, temporary appointment and student appointment.
PeopleSoft 9.2 Navigation
See the PeopleSoft Systems 9.2 Upgrade website for further details regarding new navigation. Below are the new user guides for the 9.2 version.
- Manager Self Service - user guide
- Manager Self Service - fast pass guide: terminations
- Manager Self Service - fast pass guide: search functions
- Manager Self Service - fast pass guide: pay changes
- Manager Self Service - fast pass guide: job changes
- Manager Self Service - fast pass guide: delegation request approval
- Manager Self Service - October 2019
- Forms and process changes-March 2013
- PSHR electronic workflow: non-faculty temporary appointments
- PSHR electronic workflow: training
- PSHR electronic workflow: training-graduate appointment forms
- PSHR electronic workflow: user guide - PeopleSoft 9.2 version
- PSHR electronic workflow: user guide - reports - PeopleSoft 9.2 version
Manager Self Service
In October of 2019, HR rolled out the first phase of Manager Self Service (MSS) transactions. Departments are now able to use the system to update existing hourly student and graduate student appointments. Manager Self Service (MSS) is a PeopleSoft web-based application designed to assist managers with their employee-related tasks. MSS is available 24 hours-a-day providing immediate access to the manager’s team information. Manager Self Service reduces dependence on HR and Payroll and provides a consolidated view of the manager’s team's data. Transactions automatically update the PSHR database, reducing processing time and reducing errors. Information in Manager Self Service is 'real time' meaning the information is available as soon as it is entered.
Workflow News and Forms Forum
Access the Workflow News and Forms Forum here.
Twice a year in spring and fall semesters you will be asked to re-authorized your systems access. It begins with an email from WMU Registrar Information with a subject pertaining to WMU Systems Re-Authorization has begun. If you are a supervisor, there is a second approval process. It is critical to complete the re-authorization in order for access to continue.