Provides technical support to end users, while maintaining information technology standards and procedures and ensuring security of University systems.
- Provides technical support to the University community and ensures the majority of issues are resolved and more complex issues are directed elsewhere.
- Develops, tests and maintains a complex set of troubleshooting techniques to assist with numerous technology related issues.
- Analyzes, documents and ensures all security risks are handled properly within the University security policies and procedures.
- Provides support to students within the e-learning system. Ensures students can navigate, submit, view and complete all course content, including videos, assignments and presentations.
- Instructs end-users on department and University policies governing computer usage and data security. Suggests policy modifications based on feedback from students, faculty and staff.
- Responsible for communication to the campus community via email, text and blog regarding updates, upgrades and both scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Develops, implements and creates training documentation governing help desk activities, policies and procedures.
- Participates in information technology projects and committees.
- Responsible for reporting telecommunication issues. Serves as first line for all user-related phone calls.
- Some college coursework from an accredited institution.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant industry certification.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.