Provides support to telecommunication users.
- Creates orders for issues, new services, change of service and all disconnections for the University telecommunications, network and data services.
- Responds to customers’ requests regarding equipment, service or other information.
- Analyzes customers’ reports of problems. Recommends correct and cost-effective service.
- Plans and schedules network installations. Prepares technical specifications and installation schematics.
- Ensures proper functioning of telecommunication and network services. Troubleshoots and recommends more flexible and efficient communication tools.
- Updates system documentation to ensure it complies with University standards and industry best practices.
- Performs on site surveys of existing telephone and network jacks. Advises departments and network technicians on plans to improve service and reduce cost.
- Some college coursework from an accredited institution.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.