Provides a variety of administrative services for human resources.
- Analyzes, interprets and identifies discrepancies and resolves problems and issues from source documents relative to personal, job, pay and benefit information. Enters and maintains data according to established policies, procedures and University deadlines while maintaining integrity of data.
- Reviews and authorizes human resources forms. Conducts research and resolves problems. Compiles statistics and handles highly confidential records in various areas of human resources.
- Receives, researches and independently responds to employment information requests from external agencies, external employers, financial institutions, employees and employee groups.
- Maintains knowledge of human resource and human resource management databases, system codes and procedures. Serves on project teams. Participates in end-user testing of system modifications, upgrades and enhancements.
- Calculates, prepares and audits benefit billings. Collaborates with department staff and other University departments to ensure records are accurate and in compliance. Responds to department questions.
- May provide front-line assistance to employees regarding human resource functions such as job applications and postings, benefits enrollment and changes and Form I-9 processing.
- May perform benefit- and compensation-related tasks. May coordinate and perform functions related to benefit and compensation projects.
- May coordinate the administrative and support tasks for leave processing. Ensures forms are completed accurately and completely. Provides timely notifications. Monitors Family Medical Leave Act hour usages.
- May provide lead coordination or assistance with special projects.
- Some college coursework from an accredited institution.
- Two years’ relevant experience.
- Additional formal education in Human Resources may be considered toward required experience.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources law, policies, procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited institution.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.