Provides treatment services for clients with substance abuse disorders, mental health disorders and behavioral health problems.
- Provides intake, evaluation, assessment, group and individual therapy and discharge activities for individuals with substance use, mental health disorders and behavioral health problems in compliance with applicable protocols and curriculum.
- Records client contact information in case file notes. Maintains case records in compliance with defined procedures.
- Documents client progress in substance abuse treatment program according to established standards. Collects and organizes program data and plans and prepares for therapeutic activities.
- Maintains contact with community agencies that serve as referral sources.
- Provide assessment and treatment services in agency sites located throughout Southwest Michigan.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- One year's relevant experience.
- Experience in working directly with criminial justice populations, including individuals with mental health conditions, substance use disorders and behavioral health difficulties.
- Relevant industry certification.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.