Please read the information below before accessing Western Michigan University's job posting site for the first time. If you prefer, go directly to the site.
Web browser requirements
- The job posting site works best with Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and above. It will also run okay in Internet Explorer versions beginning with 4.0 and Netscape versions beginning with 4.7.
- If you are using a Mac, the Safari browser seems to work best.
- You will also need Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free download is available at www.adobe.com.
- A computer with the above requirements is available for your use in Human Resources.
Viewing postings and applying for positions
- Applications and other required documents are only accepted via the online system and must be received by the posted deadline. Applications and other required documents will not be accepted outside of the online system unless specifically noted on the posting.
- An email address is required to complete any online application.
- You must have a confirmation number for each position that you apply for in order to be considered for that position.
- Positions posted internally and externally simultaneously (i.e. at the same time) are given a posting status of external. Benefits-eligible, WMU employees who apply for these positions are considered internal candidates.
- Only current, benefits-eligible, WMU employees may apply for internal job postings.
- Temporary employees currently assigned to work at WMU may apply for AFSCME bargaining-unit internal job postings.
Attaching required documents
- You may attach a document that is either a Microsoft Word or PDF file.
- If your attachment is a Microsoft Word document, the following steps will ease transmission to the online system:
- Use a standard text format, such as times new roman or arial.
- Use black text with a white background.
- Avoid complex tables, shading, and embedded images. A plain-text resume is recommended.
- Avoid using several columns in one document.
- Do not password-protect the document.
- Limit the size of the document to less than 2 MB.
- If your required documents are not in either a Microsoft Word or PDF file, you will need to cut and paste (or type) the information into the "paste a resume" section of the application.