Help for students with unmet food needs
Currently registered WMU students, with their Bronco ID, can 'shop' the pantry as often as every two weeks. The pantry is located in the Kiva Room (1000 Faunce Student Services), accessible from a private entrance in the center-rear of the building, near Seita Scholars, WIDR & Western Herald.
hours - Spring 2021
Students are welcome to walk-up, no appointment needed, during open pantry hours
- Mondays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Tuesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Thursdays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Fridays: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Effective Monday, January 11, 2021.
The pantry is CLOSED for any scheduled University breaks and holidays, as well as unexpected closures, like snow days.
- Be a WMU student.
- Be currently registered for at least one credit hour (Summer access based on current Summer or following Fall registration).
- Have their Bronco ID card with them when they visit.
- Wear a mask/face. Visitors not wearing a mask will be asked to leave.
- Only utilize the pantry as often as once every two weeks.
The Invisible Need Project is continually working to provide the best, and safest, pantry experience for all WMU students. We now have a new system for choosing items that best fit your needs! This online form will include multiple sections of items to chose from divvied up by category.
Options will be continuously updated as our inventory changes. We will do our best in providing the items you choose based on ranked preference.
Requests must be received at least 24 hours prior to requested pick-up, and are reviewed Monday-Friday only.
Consistent pre-packed bags will also continue to be available for students who choose to give no prior notice.
Eligibility requirements still apply and pickup is limited to posted pantry hours.
COVID-19 PROXY POLICY
Students are asked NOT to visit the pantry while sick. If you are ill, isolating, or lack transportation, and would like someone else to pick-up on your behalf, please follow these instructions:
Send an email to the INP email address (email@example.com), from your WMU email address, CC’ing your designated proxy.
- Message should include written permission from you for your designated proxy to show your Bronco ID at the pantry and receive food on your behalf.
- Written (electronic) approval must be received prior to pantry visit (regular eligibility still applies).
Donate Funds, Items, or Volunteer
We gratefully accept cash donations and use these funds to purchase fresh foods for the food pantry.
We partner with the South Michigan Food Bank to stretch donated funds as far as possible.
Food can be purchased for as low as $0.19 per pound!
In recent years, campus communities across the nation have recognized that there are large populations of students who go hungry. Campus food pantries have become a critical resource for students in need. WMU's food pantry opened in September 2014, located in a storage room in the Faunce Student Services Building, provided by the Division of Student Affairs. Based on growing student need and campus support, the Kiva room was renovated and became the new home to the WMU Invisible Need Project Food Pantry in Fall 2018.