Effective Monday, May 18, 2020:
The Food Pantry is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9am-3pm, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Students are still permitted to only visit the pantry at most once every two weeks, and must be a registered WMU student. Summer eligibility is based on current or future (Fall 2020) enrollment. Visitors are not permitted to enter the pantry. Bronco ID must still be shown at pick-up and full instructions are provided with appointment details.
COVID-19 PROXY POLICY (Eff. 3/18/2020)
Students are asked not to visit the pantry while sick. If you are ill and would like someone else to pick-up on your behalf, please follow these instructions:
- Send an email to the INP email address (email@example.com), from your WMU email address, CC’ing your designated proxy.
- Message should include written permission from you for designated proxy to bring your Bronco ID into the pantry and receive food on your behalf.
- Written approval must be received prior to pantry visit (regular eligibility still applies).
Help for students with unmet food needs
In recent years, campus communities across the nation have recognized that there are large populations of students who go hungry. These include both non-traditional students, such as those with families, as well as independent students. Campus food banks have become a critical resource for students in need.
- Be a WMU student.
- Be currently registered for classes (Summer access based on current Summer or following Fall registration).
- Have their Bronco ID card with them when they visit.
WMU students can utilize the pantry as often as every two weeks.
Donate Funds, Items, or Volunteer
WMU's food pantry opened in September 2014, located in a storage room in the Faunce Student Services Building, provided by the Division of Student Affairs. Based on growing student need and campus support, the newly-renovated Kiva room, in the lower level of Faunce, became the new home to the WMU Invisible Need Project Food Pantry in Fall 2018.