Help for students with unmet food needs
Currently registered WMU students, with their Bronco ID, can 'shop' the pantry as often as every two weeks. The pantry is located in the Kiva Room (1000 Faunce Student Services), accessible from a private entrance in the center-rear of the building, near Seita Scholars, WIDR & Western Herald.
Because of the pandemic, the Invisible Need Project has had to change how we provide pantry resources to students. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work towards providing the best, and safest, experience for all. Now, we need your feedback:PLease complete our brief survey by October 15
hours - fall 2020
Students are welcome to walk-up, no appointment needed, during open pantry hours
- Mondays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Tuesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Thursdays: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Fridays: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
The pantry is CLOSED for any scheduled University holidays, as well as unexpected closures, like snow days.
- Be a WMU student.
- Be currently registered for at least one credit hour (Summer access based on current Summer or following Fall registration).
- Have their Bronco ID card with them when they visit.
- Wear a mask/face. Visitors not wearing a mask will be asked to leave.
- Only utilize the pantry as often as once every two weeks.
COVID-19 PROXY POLICY
Students are asked NOT to visit the pantry while sick. If you are ill and would like someone else to pick-up on your behalf, please follow these instructions:
Send an email to the INP email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), from your WMU email address, CC’ing your designated proxy.
- Message should include written permission from you for designated proxy to bring your Bronco ID to the pantry and receive food on your behalf.
- Written approval must be received prior to pantry visit (regular eligibility still applies).
Donate Funds, Items, or Volunteer
In recent years, campus communities across the nation have recognized that there are large populations of students who go hungry. Campus food pantries have become a critical resource for students in need. WMU's food pantry opened in September 2014, located in a storage room in the Faunce Student Services Building, provided by the Division of Student Affairs. Based on growing student need and campus support, the Kiva room was renovated and became the new home to the WMU Invisible Need Project Food Pantry in Fall 2018.