General Invisible Need Fund
Funds are used to support the various parts of the Invisible Need Fund, as needed, or general operations.
We gratefully accept cash donations and use these funds to purchase fresh foods for the food pantry.
We partner with the Food Bank of South Central Michigan to stretch donated funds as far as possible.
Staufer Health Emergency Relief Fund
Your contribution helps students who have extreme, short-term medical needs and a limited ability to pay.
Student Emergency Relief Fund
Provides immediate emergency relief for financial needs outside of the expected costs of education.
Books for Broncos *in development
Help build this new initiative to support students in purchasing required texts for their courses.
Providing short- and long-term assistance to all menstruating individuals on campus.
At this time, please donate to the General Invisible Need Fund (above).
Visit our Facebook page for current needs and what is most popular with WMU students.
- Nonperishable food items in their original, commercially canned, or packaged containers will be accepted.
- Items must have intact labels and be in good condition, within their expiration dates.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be accepted, nor will items that are perishable, homemade or repackaged.
- Foods that contribute to a nutritious meal are especially welcome.
- Dental care (toothbrushes, paste, mouthwash)
Menstrual Hygiene Products
- Sanitary napkins
- Menstrual cups
New or like-new
- Writing utensils
- USB flash drives
We offer many opportunities for students, faculty and staff to volunteer with the Invisible Need Project:
- Give a few hours each week, working in the food pantry
- Volunteer in the food pantry on an as-needed basis with big donations or projects
- Assist with events coordinated by the Invisible Need Project (as-needed basis)