CONNECT WITH US
The Kalamazoo Promise Scholars Program at Western Michigan University has added a KPSP Student Portal for you all to easily chat with us, ask questions and get support! You can also schedule video chat or phone call appointments. And finally, if you are experiencing any kind of hardship right now, please let us know let us know and we'll do our best to support you!
THE KALAMAZOO PROMISE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Kalamazoo Promise Scholars Program provides direct support to students who are eligible for the Kalamazoo Promise scholarship and are attending, or planning to attend, Western Michigan University. We do this by offering guidance on navigating the academic and personal challenges of college life, connecting students with campus and community resources and providing knowledge, awareness and skills for students to succeed in college, careers, and the community. We also work to provide additional opportunities to students including studying abroad, attending conferences and other programming designed you enhance your resume. The Our Space student lounge is an area that was designed with Promise students in mind. It is a place to rest, study or socialize between classes.
KALAMAZOO PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP ACCEPTANCE FORM
If you are planning to attend Western Michigan University you must complete the scholarship acceptance and agreement forms virtually with our office during social distancing or physically in 1320 Adrian Trimpe when we return to WMU's main campus. You can do so by scheduling an appointment with us.
Throughout the year we visit high schools, participate in local events and even host events here on campus. Students can complete their scholarship acceptance forms with us during these events as well.
LOCATING OUR OFFICE
Arriving by car:
- If you are headed northbound on Howard, turn right onto Michigan Ave. and enter the roundabout. Take the first exit out of the roundabout onto Ring Road South. The Adrian Trimpe Building is the first building on your left, right off the road (located between lots 100 and 39).
- If you are headed southbound no Howard, turn left onto Michigan Ave. and enter the roundabout. Take the first exit out of the roundabout onto Ring Road South. The Adrian Trimpe Building is the first building on your left, right off the road (located between lots 100 and 39).
In order to avoid having your car ticketed or towed, please adhere to the parking regulations, and park in the posted areas designated by the parking map. Parking permits are available for prospective or recently admitted students who have not yet taken classes at WMU. You will request this upon scheduling an appointment with a Promise Coach or Peer Mentor.
If you are eligible to receive a parking permit:
After exiting the roundabout onto Ring Road South, take the first left into lot 100 and park at the parking meters. Your car will then be facing our offices. Be sure to place your printed parking pass on the dash of your car so that it is visible. If receive a pink hanging tag after arriving at our office, make sure the date is completely punched out and be sure to hang it on your mirror so that is visible from outside your vehicle. If there is no parking available in lot 100, you can park in lot 76, towards the back. Look for a sign that says parking available for all permits.
Service Continuity Update (8/24/2020)
As a reminder the Kalamazoo Promise Scholars Program office is here to answer questions about the Kalamazoo Promise Scholarship at WMU, provide insight on navigating the University, provide academic and personal support, and connect you to valuable resources. We returned to the Adrian Trimpe Building on August 19, 2020, so please note the information below on building access and staffing hours.
- The building will be closed Monday and Tuesday, however, the KPSP Office will be open Wednesday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. To connect with us outside of these times you can continue to reach out to us via email, phone, online text or video chat.
- The entry and exit doors are located on the side of the building facing Western View Apartments. There is an accessible entry/exit on the opposite side of the building. All other doors will be locked.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times in the Adrian Trimpe building unless you are in a room alone with the door closed. For more information about what is considered a facial mask please refer to the University's facial covering (mask) policy.
- We highly encourage virtual meetings via phone or video chat whenever possible. You can schedule virtual appointments with us online. For in-person appointment requests, please email us at email@example.com.
- We have drop in hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. via the KPSP Student Portal. You can join the KPSP Student Portal in Microsoft Teams using the following team code: b9r8xfl.
Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!