About the Fall 2022 Medallion Scholarship Program
WMU seeks to find a cohort of Medallion scholars who stand out among their peers. Medallion scholars are leaders both inside and outside of the classroom. Scholars demonstrate outstanding academic performance during high school, leadership, and a commitment to making the world a better place. Students are selected through a competitive, holistic review of the admissions application file.† No additional scholarship application is required.
- The Medallion Scholarship is WMU’s most prestigious merit-based scholarship offered to incoming first-year students. It is valued at $64,000 over four years / $16,000 per year.
- Information in the admission application is used in Medallion Scholarship selection. This includes, but is not limited to, extracurricular activities, honors and awards, essay and/or personal statement, and letters of recommendation. Make sure to fully complete all areas of the admission application to maximize your consideration.
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in fall 2022.
- Students must submit a complete admission application file† by the Early Action deadline of December 15, 2021.
- Up to 60 semifinalists will be selected to participate in an interview to select up to 20 Medallion Scholars.
Medallion Scholarships are awarded for four years of full-time study at WMU. If Medallion Scholars complete an undergraduate degree in less than four years, they may petition the dean of the Lee Honors College to use remaining funds toward graduate study at WMU. To use these funds for graduate study, the student must either have been accepted and enrolled in a WMU accelerated graduate degree program or been accepted and enrolled full‐time in a WMU graduate degree program beginning in the fall or spring semester immediately following completion of their undergraduate degree.
Scholarship consideration is based on the transcript GPA at the time of admission on a 4.00 scale. Transcript GPAs that are not on a 4.00 scale will be recalculated accordingly. Students awarded more than one Office of Admissions scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value. Awards are subject to change.
†A complete admission application file includes: application (Common App including WMU supplement), official high school transcripts and $40 application fee or fee waiver. Students who wish for an ACT/SAT score to be considered in review must self-report their score on the admission app. Students interested in Aviation Flight Science must complete their admission application by the Early Action deadline.