The Medallion Scholarship is a prestigious $60,000 award, worth $15,000 per year for four (4) years. High school seniors who meet all eligibility criteria must attend the on-campus competition for scholarship consideration. After the on-campus competition, up to 60 students will be invited to interview with the Medallion Selection Committee. From those interviewed, up to 20 competitors will be offered a Medallion Scholarship and up to 40 competitors will be offered the semi-finalist award.
No additional application is required. The Office of Admissions will automatically consider all entering freshmen for this scholarship and invite all eligible students to compete in the competition day.
Medallion Scholarship: $60,000 total award ($15,000 per year for four years)
- Awarded to approximately 20 competitors annually
President's Academic Excellence Scholarship: $25,000 total award ($5,000 per academic year(s) 1 and 2; $7,500 per academic year(s) 3 and 4)
- Awarded to approximately 40 competitors, who were invited and participated in the interview round (semi-finalists), but did not receive the Medallion Scholarship.
- Paid in equal amounts, fall and spring only
- Qualified students must apply to WMU and submit all required application documents by the priority scholarship deadline.
- Merit-based and renewable for up to eight consecutive semesters of undergraduate study, or until graduation requirements are met, whichever occurs first.
- Enroll fall term immediately after high school graduation
- Must enroll in at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester