For your convenience, detailed travel and parking instructions to Seminar 2019 are given below.
Directions to Dalton Center
Directions from the East
- Take I-94 past all five Kalamazoo exits (including the Oakland Drive exit which is marked as the "Western Michigan University" exit) to US 131.
- Take US 131 north to the first exit (Stadium Drive).
- Follow the Stadium Drive east exit (which is marked as the Kalamazoo exit).
- Continue on Stadium Drive to the fourth traffic signal (Howard Street).
- Turn left on Howard, cross the railroad tracks and stay in the right lane as you proceed up Howard going under the first overpass.
- Take the first available right just before coming to the second overpass.
- You will immediately come to a stop sign at Ring Road South.
- Turn left on Ring Road South.
- Proceed on Ring Road South to the first available right, which is Auditorium Drive (parking structure before you).
- Park in this parking structure.
- Walk toward Miller Auditorium in the structure. Dalton Center will be on your left as you approach the bridge to Miller.
- The lobby entrance to Dalton Center is under the three-story glass walls facing the reflection pool.
Directions from the West
- Take I-94 to US 131.
- Follow steps two through 12 above.
Directions from the South
- Take US 131 north to the first exit past the I-94 exits.
- Follow steps three through 12 above.
Directions from the North
- Take US 131 south to the Stadium Drive east exit.
- Take Stadium Drive east, which is marked as the Kalamazoo exit.
- Follow steps four through 12 above.
Dalton Center's physical address is 2300 Auditorium Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Directions to Ackley Residence Hall
From the East
- Take I-94 past all 5 Kalamazoo exits (including the Oakland Drive Exit) to the exit for U.S. 131 north.
- Take U.S. 131 north to the first exit (Stadium Drive).
- Follow the Stadium Drive EAST exit.
- Continue on Stadium Drive to the 4th traffic signal (Howard Street).
- Turn left on Howard Street and move into the right lane as you go uphill and curve to the right.
- Stay in the right lane as you approach the array of traffic signals (West Michigan Avenue).
- Proceed through the West Michigan Avenue intersection continuing on Howard Street.
- Stay in the right lane on Howard Street preparing to turn right at the next traffic signal (Valley Drive).
- Turn right on Valley Drive (we hope to have a “music camp” sign on that corner).
- Prepare to turn left when Valley Drive dead ends at the stop sign on Rankin Street.
- Turn left on Rankin Street. As it curves to the right it becomes Goldsworth Drive.
- Continue to the four-way stop and turn left (North Dormitory Road).
- Drive uphill and go to the end of North Dormitory Road where you can park in the lot on your right.
- You will then be in front of the entrance to ACKLEY (and Shilling) HALL.
- Come into the main lobby and get your room assignment and key at the lobby desk.
- Find the registration tables in the lobby area and register for SEMINAR. You can do steps 15 and 16 in the order of your choice.
- Then you can move into your room!
From the West
- Take I-94 to U.S. 131 north.
- Follow steps 2–17 above
From the South
- Take U.S. 131 north to the first exit past the I-94 exits (Stadium Drive).
- Follow steps 3–17 above.
From the North
- Take U.S. 131 south to the Stadium Drive EAST exit.
- Take Stadium Drive east.
- Follow steps 4–17 above.
Ackley Hall's physical address is 202 Valley 1 Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
For Seminar students driving themselves, park where the parking pass given to you at check-in allows you to park.
Parking is free for Seminar family and audience members in short-term parking areas.