| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Except for essential and emergency services, Western Michigan University will be closed beginning at noon Friday, Feb. 9, due to severe weather. All classes are canceled.
For information on the status of regional locations, visit the Extended University Programs website at wmich.edu/extended.
This article will be updated with event cancellations and special hours as information becomes available.
- All art exhibits and events scheduled by the Frostic School of Art have been canceled for the day. All galleries at the Richmond Center for Visual Arts are closed until the University reopens.
- This weekend's Bronco women's tennis matches at DePaul and Green Bay have been canceled.
- Today's geography colloquium on "The Interacting Controls of Pyrolysis Temperature and Plant Taxa on the Reactivity of Pyrogenic Organic Matter," planned by Dr. Timothy Filley, has been canceled.
- Today's biological sciences seminar on "Navigating the Tangled Bank: Insights from Ecological Dynamics," planned by Dr. Tim Wooton, has been canceled.
- Tonight's student recital, Student Composers III, in the Dalton Center Recital Hall has been canceled.
- University Theatre will present "Lucky Stiff" and "Angels In America: Millennium Approaches," both at 7:30 p.m. in the Gilmore Theatre Complex. Check wmich.edu/theatre for updates.
- Miller Auditorium will remain open and tonight's production of "The Sound of Music" is still scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. Call the ticket office at (269) 387-2300 with questions. Updates will be posted at millerauditorium.com.
- Bernhard Center—The building will close at 5 p.m. Feb. 9. All offices will close at noon. Biggby will close at 3 p.m., PNC will close at 4 p.m., Subway will close at 5 p.m. and the Bookstore is closed.
- Bronco Transit buses will cease operations at 1 p.m. Feb. 9.
- Dining services—All residence hall dining rooms are open according to their regular schedules and the planned menu will be followed in the dining centers and Draper Carryout. Campus Cafes such as Flossie's and Plaza Cafe closed at noon. Bernhard Café & Market will be open until 1 p.m. and then closed.
- Lawson Arena and Gabel Natatorium will close at 1 p.m. Feb. 9.
- Miller Auditorium will remain open and the Feb. 9 production of "The Sound of Music" is still scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. Call the ticket office at (269) 387-2300 with questions. Updates will be posted at millerauditorium.com.
- The Registrar's Office will close at noon Feb. 9.
- Sindecuse Health Center is open until 3 p.m. Feb. 9.
- Student Financial Aid and Scholarships will close at noon Feb. 9.
- The Student Recreation Center will close at 7 p.m. Feb. 9. Fitness classes are running, but the pool is closed. Updated information about fitness classes will be posted at wmich.edu/rec.
- Unified Clinics will close at 1 p.m. Feb. 9.
- The University Computing Center and the Bernhard Center computer lab will close at noon Feb. 9. The Bernhard Center computer lab will resume normal hours at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 10. The University Computing Center and help desk will resume normal hours at noon Sunday, Feb. 11.
- Waldo Library will close at 2 p.m. Feb. 9. All other branch libraries will close at noon. Branch libraries include the Education Library, Music and Dance Library, and the Archives and Regional History Collections in the Zhang Legacy Collections Center. Visit wmich.edu/library for updates over the weekend.