Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our office is by appointment only until further notice. Please call 269-387-0718 or email ombd_info@wmich.edu to schedule an appointment. We will contact you as quickly as possible to set up a meeting.


Fill out the Official Student Complaint Form

Fill out the Appeal for Hardship Withdrawal form

Fill out the Appeal for Non-attendance Withdrawal form

WMU Bronco statue.The Western Michigan University Ombuds:

  • Listens to you and discusses your problems and concerns, identifying and evaluating with you options to resolve problems.
  • Provides information on resources within the University that may help you.
  • Opens avenues of communication, investigates complaints, and gathers information.
  • Serves as a neutral party to solve problems and resolve conflict. The Ombuds does not take sides, but works to achieve fair outcomes.
  • Identifies problem areas facing faculty, staff and students, and recommends changes in University policies and procedures.
  • Facilitates processes for hardship / non-attendance withdrawal appeals, course grade appeals and program dismissal appeals.