Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our office is by appointment only until further notice. Please call 269-387-0718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. We will contact you as quickly as possible to set up a remote meeting.
The Western Michigan University Ombuds:
- Listens to you and discusses your problems and concerns, identifying and evaluating with you options to resolve problems.
- Provides information on resources within the University that may help you.
- Opens avenues of communication, investigates complaints, and gathers information.
- Serves as a neutral party to solve problems and resolve conflict. The Ombuds does not take sides, but works to achieve fair outcomes.
- Identifies problem areas facing faculty, staff and students, and recommends changes in University policies and procedures.
- Facilitates processes for hardship / non-attendance withdrawal appeals, course grade appeals and program dismissal appeals.