Non-Attendance Appeals

The Appeal for a Non-Attendance withdrawal is an appeal process available to Western Michigan University students who have never attended, participated or contributed to a given course or courses in any way. Students who meet the criteria stated previously may apply for a non-attendance withdrawal no matter how old the semester in question is.

Unlike the appeal for hardship withdrawal process, the non-attendance withdrawal requires only that the student fill out the Appeal for Non-attendance Withdrawal form, answering "no" to the question "Did you ever attended this course?" You will also be required to submit a brief written statement indicating that you never attended the courses in question. Once non-attendance is confirmed by the instructors for the courses in question, the Registrar's Office will be notified to change the grades in question to W's for withdrawal.