Western Michigan University's Payroll and Disbursement department is committed to processing payments accurately and timely while providing excellent service. We hope you find this site useful in answering questions, providing links, contacts, forms and other communications.
- Payroll by phone: (269) 387-2935 or email: email@example.com
- Disbursements (Accounts Payable) by phone: (269) 387-4253 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECTIVE MONDAY JUNE 14, 2021
To provide additional online privacy and security of employee data available in Self Service, employees will be required to use WMU’s VPN to access Employee Self Service when off campus unless accessing this platform through Remote Desktop. Resourceful information and download instructions related to VPN usage are available at Which VPN do I use? – Help Hub (wmich.edu).
Contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-4357, for additional support.
- Disbursements will be accepting electronic copies of vouchers during the COVID-19 period
- Copies should be emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of the invoice, contract, and W-9/W-8 should be attached as required
- Electronic signatures are also acceptable during this period
- An email in place of a signature on a contract or voucher is acceptable during this time of reduced operations, if the individual does not have the ability to sign electronically
- Please note that although we are accepting electronic vouchers, adherence to all University policies remains
- Department procurement cardholders may
- Sign off on all transactions in Works, or delay sign off able to do so.
- Allocate expenses to the appropriate account codes by the last business day of the month, or do journal entries after the end of the month to correct.
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation and obtaining manager approval, when available. This can be delayed if the department is not operating.
- Travel cardholders
- May continue to submit travel vouchers for reimbursement of expenditures. These can be electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General inquires related to disbursements should be submitted to email@example.com.
Employees may add and change direct deposit information directly through Employee Self Service in GoWMU. Please see the job aid below for step by step instructions on updating banking information. For assistance with direct deposit updates, please call (269) 387-2935. All new employees are required to enroll in Direct Deposit or be issued a Pay Card. Direct Deposit Self Service Job Aide or Pay Card Fee Schedule.
Western Michigan University employees should verify that their address is correct using the Employee Self Service channel within GoWMU. W-2 forms will be available by Jan. 31 through the Employee Self Service channel in GoWMU to employees who have authorized electronic delivery. W-2s will be mailed Jan. 31 to the home addresses of those who have not made such an authorization or have separated from the University. W-2's for previous years are also available within the Employee Self Service channel within GoWMU for those employees that provide their consent to receive electronic versions.
Regular WMU employees and departments are eligible to obtain an University procurement card to be used for departmental purchases. The Visa card can be used for authorized items on phone, fax or pick-up orders. See the Procurement Card Procedures for complete details and the list of items that are prohibited to be purchased using the procurement card.
Accounts Payable Disbursements manages the processing of payments via invoices, vouchers, and purchase on behalf of the University. Our goal is to provide prompt payments to vendors while ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures. Please reference the Accounts Payable Procedure Manual and the forms page.