Western Michigan University's Payroll Department is committed to processing payments accurately and timely while providing excellent service. We hope you find this site useful in answering questions, providing links, contacts, forms and other communications.

Employee self service

Employee Self Service allows you to manage your personal information electronically without having to submit paper or call human resources or payroll. View and/or update your address and phone number, paycheck information, current and previous W-2s, benefit information and more, all accessible through GoWMU.

Keep your data secure

All passwords are to be treated as sensitive, confidential Western Michigan University information. Once you have completed your self service session, remember to sign out of the system. Sessions will be timed out after 20 minutes of inactivity. Stay up to date on the latest email and computer scams at

Payroll choices

The Payroll Choices Program is an exciting new payroll solution that gives you the option to receive your pay via direct deposit or a Visa® Payroll Card with Pre-Check® option. This program will provide you with flexible, convenient and secure ways to access your pay eliminating the need to issue paper checks. All new employees are required to enroll in Payroll Choices Direct Deposit or Payroll Choices Pay Card.

Reporting Resources at WMU

On November 18th, Human Resources, Budget, and Payroll hosted a reporting workshop. This workshop demonstrated how authorized users can use the Peoplesoft HR System and Kronos to view existing reports or to produce reports on demand. Available reports include the management data report, timekeepers report, and various others. Payroll has made the Reporting Resources at WMU Presentation Slides available for you. For additional info, please refer to Human Resources Reporting




  • KR Correction Forms will be due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday.


  • Semimonthly leave used needs to be entered into PeopleSoft by 5 p.m. on the days listed in the P/S Leave Entry Deadline on the Semimonthly Pay Schedule. 


  • KR Correction Forms and SM Correction Forms should be emailed to the Payroll Department at:




General inquiries and questions related to payroll should be submitted to