New WMU Employees:
- In order to set up your direct deposit as a new employee you will need to wait 24-48 hours after your hire date before the Employee Self-Service portal is available.
- You may select the direct deposit or PNC pay card option
- Your first check is often a paper check, unless direct deposit information is entered at least 10 business days before the paycheck date. You will be notified by the payroll office via your Western Michigan University email with instructions to pick up or to have your check mailed to you.
- Paycheck stubs are available to you on the Employee Self Service payroll portal by selecting Paychecks. New paycheck stubs are posted two days prior to the pay date.
Current WMU Employees:
Existing employees may add/edit their direct deposit information directly through Employee Self Service.
Please see the tutorial below for step by step instructions on submitting your banking information.
If you currently have direct deposit information submitted and wish to change to the PNC pay card, please contact the payroll office at (269) 387-2935 or email email@example.com for assistance.
PNC PayCard Information:
- Faculty/Staff PayCards are mailed to their address on file in Employee Self-Service.
- Student PayCards are mailed to the Payroll Office. When a PayCard arrives for a student the payroll department will notify the student that it is available for pickup.
- PayCards are sent from PNC in a plain white envelope via the USPS mail service.
- If you have requested a PNC PayCard and haven't received one, please contact the payroll department.
More information about WMU's use of the PNC PayCard program can be found here.