In addition to helping you improve your grades and be successful in your college career and beyond, the Mentoring for Success Program at Western Michigan University also offers a reward program for continued goal fulfillment. After you complete each activity that is designed to help you enhance your education and college experience, you will collect points from your academic mentor that you could use to redeem for one or more of our prizes at the end of the semester. Prizes include, but are not limited to, WMU Bookstore gift cards, flash drives, and hooded sweatshirts. Prizes are available while supplies last and certain restrictions may apply.
Terms and conditions
- No more than five points may be awarded per week per academic mentor (and the total per semester will be capped at 40 per the next bullet point).
- You can earn up to 40 points per semester.
- Points may be redeemed throughout the current semester up until the Friday of the final exam week.
- Points will expire after the Friday of the final exam week of the current semester.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice depending on the availability of reward items.
Your academic mentor will explain the terms and conditions of the reward program to you at your first meeting. You can also find more information about the reward program as well as how to collect points and redeem prizes by contacting our program office.
When you complete one or more of the following activities, you collect points that you could use to redeem one or more of our prizes:
- Meeting with your academic mentor (up to three times a week or as deemed necessary by your academic mentor; each meeting must be at least 30 minutes). 1 point
- Returning to the program for another semester (awarded when you return the following semester). 1 point
- Utilizing the Mentoring for Success Program's forum for active discussions (at least once per week). 1 point
- Meeting with an academic advisor or professor upon academic mentor's recommendation (up to three times per semester). 2 points
- Scoring an A on a quiz, test, or exam (no more than one per week). 3 points
- Attending a recommended workshop or event on campus. 3 points
- Achieving GPA goal for the semester (awarded when you return the following semester). 3 points
- No last-minute cancellations or no-shows to scheduled meetings with an academic mentor (awarded during the last meeting of the semester). 5 points
- Other activities approved by your academic mentor. 1-3 points
When you have achieved a certain point level, you may choose one item from that level or any combination of items from any lower levels. To redeem prizes from levels one to three, please email the Mentoring for Success Program office at email@example.com. To redeem gift cards, please schedule an appointment through your academic mentor.
Level One (5 Points)
- Essential school supplies
Level Two (10 Points)
- Flash drive
Level Three (15 Points)
- Hooded sweatshirt
- Portable charger (power bank)
- Coffee mugs
Level Four (20 Points)
- $25 WMU Bookstore gift card
Level Five (25 Points)
- $50 WMU Bookstore gift card