Per funding agency guidelines, all program participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a Michigan resident.
- Meet additional requirements below.
Our target population for the 2017-23 grant cycle includes:
- Participants of the College Assistance Migrant Program.
- Participants of the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Scholars Academy.
- Participants of the Michigan GEAR UP Program.
- Participants of the TRiO Student Success Program.
- Students registered with the Office of Disability Services for Students.
Students who are a part of these groups and who meet all of the eligibility requirements above are eligible to participate in our program. Students affiliated with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Kalamazoo Promise Scholars Program, and the Office of LBGT Student Services who meet all of the eligibility requirements above are eligible to participate in our program.
Other WMU Students
All other currently enrolled Western Michigan University undergraduate students who meet all of the eligibility requirements listed above are also eligible to participate in the Mentoring for Success Program if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Are federal financial aid-eligible.
- Are first-generation college students.
- Are previous participants of the program.
All other WMU students who do not meet any of the above requirements may still utilize our services only after all eligible students have been served.