Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5318 USA
- Ph.D., Mass Communications, Indiana University
- M.A., Journalism, The Ohio State University
- Communication ethics
- Media theory
- Journalism ethics
Sandra L. Borden is a professor in the School of Communication at Western Michigan University, where she also co-directs the Center for the Study of Ethics in Society. Her work has been published in several scholarly books and journals, including:
- Communication Monographs
- Journal of Mass Media Ethics
- The Handbook of Mass Media Ethics
Borden's book, Journalism as Practice: MacIntyre, Virtue Ethics and the Press, won the 2008 Clifford G. Christians Ethics Research Award and the National Communication Association’s 2008 top book award in applied ethics. Her other books are:
- Ethics and Entertainment: Essays on Media Culture and Media Morality (co-edited with Howard Good, 2010, McFarland).
- Making Hard Choices in Journalism Ethics (with David Boeyink, 2010, Routledge).
Borden, who teaches ethics and media criticism, is associate editor of the journal Teaching Ethics.