The Department of Statistics at Western Michigan University offers the following programs:
- Undergraduate majors and minors
- B.S./M.S. in Statistics (accelerated)
- B.S./M.S. in Data Science (accelerated)
- Graduate certificates
- M.S. in Data Science
- M.S. in Statistics
- Ph.D. in Statistics
- List of courses including catalog description.
- Classes are offered on a rotating basis. Plan your schedule accordingly.
Our FAQ page provides more information on graduate applications.
- Application (complete by Feb. 15 if you are interested in a teaching assistantship for the next fall semester)
- Selection criteria
Why study statistics?
The demand for statistician and data scientist is high and continues to grow. Society and industry are becoming increasingly data-rich and data-dependent.
You could be a “Moneyball”-type statistician who helps sports teams pick new players, a biostatistician who helps develop new drug therapies, or a member of the data science team of a political campaign. The field is filled with opportunities to work on interesting problems with other smart, dynamic people.
Learn more about careers in statistics from the American Statistical Association.