The data science minor in the Department of Statistics at Western Michigan University is oriented towards statistical computing.
Required (11 hours)
- STAT 2600 - Data Analysis Using R (4 hours)
- STAT 5680 - Regression Analysis (3 hours(
- CS 1110 - Computer Science I (4 hours)
Elective Courses (6 hours)
Select two courses from the following list.
- DEPT 0000 - An approved course from student’s home department (3 hours)
- STAT 4640 - Introduction to Statistical Computing (3 hours)
- STAT 5850 - Applied Data Mining (3 hours)
- STAT 5870 - Big Data Analysis Using Python (3 hours)