The best way to really get to know WMU is to visit campus. We welcome you to join us for our many campus visit programs. From daily campus tours to informational events for students and families, we offer opportunities that will fit your busy schedule. At your campus visit, you will learn from current WMU students and staff about why WMU is a smart choice.
community college onsites
Typically, once per semester (fall and spring), the Office of Admissions holds an onsite admission day at one of our local community colleges. Please see each link below for upcoming days/times.
Academic college tours
Students planning to major in the colleges of aviation, business, engineering and applied sciences or health and human services may be interested in additional tours of these specific areas. Daily tours of these colleges are offered Mondays through Thursdays at 1 p.m. ET and Fridays at 2 p.m. ET. The guided tours last approximately one hour. If you would like to schedule a tour in one of these areas and you are also participating in a campus tour on the same day, please register for the 10 a.m. campus tour on that day. Contact your college as follows to schedule your tour:
- Aviation: schedule an aviation tour online.
- Business: schedule a business tour online.
- Education and Human Development: schedule an education and human development tour online.
- Engineering and Applied Sciences: schedule an engineering and applied sciences tour online.
- Fine Arts: schedule a fine arts tour online.
- Health and Human Services: call (269) 387-2656.
- Graduate students should call the Graduate College: (269) 387-8212.
Academic advising appointments
Academic advising is a critical step for transfer students. WMU advisors offer appointments and advising information via on-campus appointments, phone appointments and some walk-in time frames. Prospective students and admitted students are encouraged to arrange an appointment to plan their transfer path before applying or learn which classes to register for after the point of admission. Contact the advising office for your major.