The Transportation Research Center for Livable Communities (TRCLC) announces availability of several research projects for graduate students. The award amount will be up to $4,000 for each project. The award can be used for student salary, travel for data collection or attending a conference, research material purchase, printing, etc. Projects should address topics related to livable communities such as enhancing mobility, accessibility and safety of walking, bicycling and transit modes, particularly for children, people with disabilities, older adults, low income populations, and all commuters. Non-traditional research ideas in this area will be highly rated in the selection process.
Applicants must submit a proposal related to one or more of the livable communities’ topics along with the name of the faculty advisor. If necessary, TRCLC may assign a co-advisor among members affiliated with TRCLC. Other eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a full-time graduate student at Western Michigan University during the proposed project period
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Deliverable: One independent research report submitted as a paper suitable for submission to a journal or conference
- Expected project completion: no later than 8/30/2018
- Application deadline: 2/28/2017
- Notification of funding anticipated: 3/31/2017
Please prepare your proposal using the following template and submit to the Transportation Research Center for Livable Communities (email@example.com) by e-mail.