Schedule an Appointment
The Writing Center assists all WMU writers. Our online scheduler lists our current appointment hours.
Online or In-Person Help
1. Virtual Appointments—Use our online scheduler to make a 50-minute virtual appointment. At the time of your appointment, you can expect your consultant to reach out to you directly through a Microsoft Teams chat, which you can access through your Outlook email apps.
2. In-Person Appointments—Use our online scheduler to make a 50-minute in-person appointment. Your appointment will take place in the WMU Writing Center in 1343 Ellsworth Hall.
3. Drop-In Hours—We offer 25-minute drop-in sessions on a first-come, first-serve basis. We have drop-in availability Monday-Wednesday at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, and 5 pm, Thursdays at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm, and Sunday evenings from 5-8 pm at Waldo library. You can double check the drop-in hours through our scheduler.
Key Info About Our Scheduler
- First-time users must create an account to use our scheduler: https://wmich.mywconline.com/
- White squares show open appointments. Blue squares indicate booked appointments.
- Writers may make two appointments weekly and use an additional drop-in appointment.
- When creating an appointment, you can attach documents like papers, assignments, or rubrics.