MAC Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success
The 2023-24 academic year represents the fourth year of the Mid-American Conference Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success. This first of its kind award will recognize one full-time faculty member nominee from each MAC institution that has demonstrated a dedication to student success and will honor one nominee that has gone above and beyond in their dedication to student success as the winner of the Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success.
On an annual basis, the selection committee will review the nominees. Each year, the winner will be announced during the MAC Basketball Championship and will be invited to attend the MAC Honors Dinner, along with one guest.
Nomination Eligibility / Criteria
- Each MAC full member university will have the opportunity to submit one (1) nominee for this award on an annual basis.
- Nominations from each university must be signed by the school’s Provost (or his/her selected designee).
- Each nominee must be a full-time faculty member engaged with undergraduate and/or graduate students and demonstrate commitment to the following criteria:
- Student Success
- Demonstration of commitment to student success and lifelong learning
- Demonstration of predominantly outward focus on student success, rather than inward focus on personal teaching/research success
- Demonstration of a commitment to student support and development
- Demonstration of enhancements to the student experience (curricular and co-curricular)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research, scholarship, and creative activities
- Development or support of an inclusive environment/culture
- Demonstration of a commitment to inclusion
- Active participation in the promotion and educational awareness of inclusion
- Appreciation for the MAC Core Values including:
- Academic Achievement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, & Equity
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Student-Athlete Well-Being
- Student Success
- Nominations should include the following:
- Completed nomination form (attached)
- 500-word statement from nominee addressing the criteria
- A current vita – limit 3 pages including the most relevant information/experience related to the award criteria
- Three letters of support
- At least one letter must be from a student
- At least one letter must be from a Dean or Chair/Director
- Professional headshot at 250-word bio (for public release)
Nomination Submission Guidelines
To submit a nomination, please complete the Nomination Form, attach all required items, and submit application no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, January 19, 2024.
Award Announcement Timeline
Award nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee and winners will be announced in conjunction with the MAC Basketball Championship and recognized at the MAC Honors Dinner.
Please note: WMU's nomination deadline for the MAC Outstanding Faculty for Student Success Award is Friday, January 19, 2024.
|November||Nomination period opens|
|January 19||Nominations are due to WMUx/Faculty Development|
|January 31||WMU sends nominations to MAC Office|
|February 1||Nominations and applications distributed to Selection Committee|
|February||Select Committee reviews nominations|
|March 4||Award winner identified|
|March||MAC Basketball Championship – Award winner announced.|
|May 30||Award winner recognized at MAC Honors Dinner|