Admitted Student Events
Congratulations on being admitted to Western Michigan University! As part of your next steps, we encourage you to register for an Admitted Student Event and learn more about becoming a Bronco. These new virtual events for incoming first-year students will allow you to receive assistance completing your next steps, engage with WMU representatives and get your questions answered about joining the Bronco community. Next steps include signing your intent to enroll form, submitting your admissions deposit, registering for new student orientation and on-campus housing, and submitting your FAFSA. If you have any questions about completing your next steps, please reach out to your Admissions Representative or the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
admitted student event dates
Due to local and state guidelines, we regret that the in-person Admitted Student Events scheduled for March 20 and April 3 have been canceled, and we have replaced them with virtual events in April and May.
Now that all virtual event days have passed, please visit our Virtual Experiences page to view other event options. Specific to admitted first-year students, we encourage you to attend a Western Wednesday: Next Steps session, where admissions staff can assist with any questions you may have when completing your next steps for enrollment including your intent to enroll form, admissions deposit, housing contract and orientation sign-up. Sessions are offered Wednesdays at 4 p.m.
Get ahead of the curve by completing your Intent to Enroll form in the Gold Gateway and paying your admissions deposit prior to the event, as you will need to complete them in order to register for new student orientation.
The virtual Admitted Student Event is anticipated to last several hours. You will be able to create your schedule from a variety of sessions at the time you register, including:
- Academic Colleges, including Lee Honors College and Exploratory Advising
- Living on Campus
- New Student Orientation
- Student Panel
- Study Abroad, Career Services, Military and Veterans Affairs, WMU Signature and more!
How to attend a Virtual Event
Prior to the event, please download the Zoom app to your desktop or mobile device. Zoom is experiencing issues with their web browser functionality at this time and joining through the app will provide the best audio and visual experience for your scheduled virtual session.
You can check your event itinerary through the confirmation email you received. You will also receive a reminder text message 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- The session officially begins at 10 a.m. EDT, but you can log on at 9:30 a.m. to view some additional resources and an event welcome video.
- If you encounter issues accessing a session, just text back to the same number that sent your confirmation and reminder messages. Someone will be available to assist!
- After today’s event, we will be sending a follow-up email with contact information for each of the sessions’ presenters in case all of your questions weren't answered -- or maybe you have a new one.
- If you need additional follow-up from the Office of Admissions, visit wmich.edu/admissions/visit and click the ‘Chat With Us’ button in the bottom right corner of each page (available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday) to connect with one of our admissions counselors.