Asian Initiatives offers services and outreach to K-12 community partners in the form of Chinese and Japanese language and cultural programming. Our K-12 services and outreach:
- Connect the community to the world and the world to the community.
- Cultivate mutual understanding and global citizenship. ]
- Create lifelong opportunities.
- Contribute to the cultural capital of the institution.
How you can get involved?
- Learn from us! Enroll in language and culture classes.
- Have fun with us! Attend our events.
- Invite us in! Bring language and cultural programming to your classroom, business or event.
- Contact us for more information.
K-12 Community Partners
- Kalamazoo Public Schools: Japanese language and culture club at Milwood Elementary School, Chinese language classes at Loy Norrix High School and Kalamazoo Central High School.
- Community in Schools at Kalamazoo
- Forest Hills Public Schools: Chinese immersion program at Meadow Brook Elementary School
- Comstock Public Schools: Chinese immersion pre-school programVideo of State of Global Engagement Address 2021: Comstock Early Learning Academy
- Kalamazoo Chinese Academy
- Gagie School
- Kazoo School
- Trinity Lutheran School