WMU’s fourth Giving Day is Wednesday, April 14, 2021. I’m asking that you consider making a gift on WMU’s biggest day of giving during the year. Making a gift is easy (link at bottom), and any amount will help make a difference across campus. This is a ONE-DAY event. You may donate any time of day on April 14 only. Please share this with your family and friends!!
There are many different areas where you can choose to apply your gift, and if a particular department is not designated on your giving donation, the funds will go directly to WMU. But I’d like you to consider giving to the Disability Services for Students department. 100% of any funds received from your giving donation will be used to help assist our DSS students, including scholarship money, purchasing assistive technologies (such as Livescribe pens, reading equipment, and microphones), or furthering our staff in professional development to learn new strategies to assist our students.
When the power of our Bronco nation unites - the thinkers, dreamers, and difference-makers - we give our current Broncos the power to turn their dreams of today into realities for tomorrow. Please take a moment to visit https://givingday.wmualumni.org/ to learn more. Donate directly to Disability Services for Students: Giving | WMU Alumni *
From the bottom of OUR hearts, we thank YOU for your giving heart!
* Please note: The website uses the DSS’s old title of “Disabled Student Resources and Services,” which will be updated later this year, but rest assured, your gift will be going to Disability Services for Students by using this link.
Service Continuity Update (1/4/2021)
Disability Services for Students staff will be working remotely until January 15 and will have staff back in the office starting January 19. Please note the information below on building and staff hours.
DSS staff will be available by email, phone, or video platform Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Starting January 19 DSS Office will be open Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 5 pm, the building will be closed on Friday with staff available by email, phone, or video platform.
DSS testing space will be available with reduced capacity from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday of finals week. Please contact the Testing Accommodations Coordinator
To request assistance, you may call our office at 269-387-2116 or e-mail DSS Staff a member directly. Phone calls and e-mails will be attended to in the order received.
Follow the links below to contact a member of DSS Staff directly:
- Jayne Frayley-Burgett, Director of Disability Services for Students
- Rachel Richards, Accommodations Specialist
- Kellie Skiba, Testing Accommodations Coordinator
Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!