Western Michigan University is a comparatively large campus with 39 miles of sidewalk and 26.5 lane miles of roadway. There are approximately 96 buildings on and around the main campus, though not all are student related. These facts alone impact how all students, staff, faculty and visitors are able to navigate the campuses, especially for students with conditions involving mobility. WMU Bronco Transit offers a variety of transportation routes for on campus and Kalamazoo County Metro Transit offers routes for off-campus to campus travel.
Below you will find information for help with accessibility problems on the Western Michigan University campus. If you need further assistance, please contact the Disability Services for Students office at (269) 387-2116.
- Aira is a live, human-to-human professional assistance service for people who are blind or have low vision.
- This accommodation can be used by students, faculty, staff, or guests on all WMU campuses.
Non-working automatic doors
- Call Maintenance Services at (269) 387-8514, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Outside of these hours, call the Department of Public Safety at (269) 387-5555.
- Go to Bronco Fix-It and click on "submit a request."
- If stranded in an elevator, the call box connects automatically to WMU public safety.
- For non-working elevators, call Maintenance Services at (269) 387-8514, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also report it to the building coordinator or online via Bronco Fix-It.
- Contact Landscape Services at (269) 387-8514 with your regular travel schedules. Landscape Services is more than willing to work with you to make sure your travel routes are accessible.