• Students learning about engineering.

    Getting started

    Ready to dual enroll? Set yourself up for success by reviewing our dual enrollment handbook.

  • Excited student learning.

    Our Partnerships

    We work with high schools in West Michigan to create tailored programs that best serve your students.

  • Happy student in a campus workshop.

    Contact Us

    Questions? We've got answers. Whether you are a student, parent, or potential partner, we are here to help.

Dual Enroll at WMU

Dual enrollment through Early College Programs at WMU provides eligible high school students with credits that may be applied toward high school graduation requirements as well as a college or university program.

  • How to apply

    To dual enroll at WMU, you need to: 

    • Be enrolled in a Michigan high school. 

    • Have a 3.0 high school GPA for freshmen - juniors, and a 2.75 high school GPA for seniors. 

    • Get approval from your high school counselor and parent/guardian. 

    Then, follow these steps: 

    1. Complete the online application. Choose Main Campus | Domestic student when the option arises. 

    1. Have your high school counselor fill out the Counselor Approval form and submit transcripts. (An email is sent directly to the counselor email you provide on your application). 

    1. Have your parent(s)/guardian(s) complete the Parent Approval form. (An email is sent directly to the contact email you provide on your application). 

    1. Fill out the Third-Party Authorization Form with your high school counselor, which they should submit via email to acnr-thirdparty@wmich.edu 

    Once you are admitted, you can sign up for classes through your GoWMU portal. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Forms for dual-enrolled students