Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5330 USA
- Ph.D., Applied Economics, Oregon State University, 2019
- M.S., Economics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- B.S., Business Management and Finance, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004
- Environmental and natural resource economics
- Land use decision modeling
- Health economics
Dr. W. Jason Beasley is an assistant professor in the Department of Economics at Western Michigan University. He currently teaches courses in environmental economics and intermediate microeconomic theory at the undergraduate level.
His research interests include:
- Land use decision modeling, with a focus on climate change adaptation in coastal settings
- Non-market valuation of environmental attributes
- Policy decision/implementation and attributed outcomes on public health
Prior to entering graduate school, Beasley spent over ten years in a variety of consulting, project management and analytical roles.