Advising appointments facilitate student success in the Department of Economics at Western Michigan University by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education. As a student in our department, you must meet regularly with advisors to ensure you have completed all graduation requirements. It is your responsibility to schedule appointments in a timely manner to meet graduation deadlines posted in the academic calendar.
- Meet with Dr. Michael Ryan for your major or minor requirements.
- For students who plan to take both ECON 2010 and ECON 2020, it is preferable to take ECON 2010 before taking ECON 2020.
- Compare/Contrast the requirements for our majors and minor
- View our list of new and popular course titles to help you determine which electives best meet your career goals
- Meet with a College of Arts and Sciences advisor for your general education requirements.
- Master's and doctoral students are advised by the graduate advisor, Dr. Christine Moser.
The College of Arts and Sciences Student Success Services lists resources that help students perform to the best of their abilities. Course assistance for students in Economics is available here.