Advising appointments facilitate student success in the Department of Economics at Western Michigan University by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education. As a student in our department, you must meet regularly with advisors to ensure you have completed all graduation requirements. It is your responsibility to schedule appointments in a timely manner to meet graduation deadlines posted in the academic calendar.
- Meet with a College of Arts and Sciences advisor for your major general education requirements.
- For students who plan to take both ECON 2010 and ECON 2020, it is preferable to take ECON 2010 before taking ECON 2020.
- Compare/Contrast the requirements for our majors and minor
- View our list of new and popular course titles to help you determine which electives best meet your career goals
- Master's and doctoral students are advised by the graduate advisor, Dr. Christine Moser.