Bronco Study Zone
The Bronco Study Zone strives to enhance learning and collaboration to promote student academic success.
In alignment with courses being offered through distance education for the remainder of the semester, Bronco Study Zone services will be offered from a distance as our staff works remotely during this time. You will be able to receive access to tutoring and academic support through Microsoft Teams. See the information below for instructions about connecting to online tutoring.
For more information about your tutoring options, you may email the Bronco Study Zone staff.
Academic Support Hub for Online Tutoring
Bronco Study Zone, Math Tutor Lab, Statistics Help Room, Physics Help Room, and STEP Student Success Centers are all using the Academic Support Hub to provide Spring 2021 tutoring. Follow the steps below to log in and find the WMU Academic Support Hub in Teams.
Steps to Connect to Online Tutoring
- Check the Spring 2021 Bronco Study Zone Schedule to identify when a tutor is available to assist with your course. Courses are listed in the left column. Use the tabs at the bottom of the page to view each day of the week.
- Log in to Microsoft Teams
- In your web browser (Google Chrome recommended), go to W-Exchange and log in using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click on the Microsoft Teams app logo (it's blue-ish-purple) and Teams will open in a new browser tab.
- Click the blue button below to go to the WMU Academic Support Hub team. When you see the "Stay better connected..." message in your browser, click Use the web app instead. Click Join Now.
Connect to Online Tutoring
- At the bottom of the page, click the New conversation button.
- Post the title of the course you need help with in the chat.
- A tutor will open a video chat to assist you! When you receive the video chat notification, click Join Chat.
Note: Other students may be able to join this chat (at the tutor's discretion) if they need help with the same subject.
Resources and Benefits
The Bronco Study Zone offers an array of resources through a one-stop model to support students and help keep them on track. If the Bronco Study Zone is unable to meet a requested need, students are referred to the appropriate campus resource.
Support services offered to you from the Bronco Study Zone
- Free drop-in assistance for your courses.
- Group collaboration on course assignments.
- Learning various academic skills such as effective note taking, time management, study tactics, test taking strategies, and coping with test anxiety.