The College of Education and Human Development offers a number of study/internship abroad scholarships of up to $1,000 toward the cost of a study abroad experience.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- All degree-seeking students in the College of Education and Human Development are eligible to apply for the CEHD Study/Internship Abroad Scholarship.
- Recipients must be a current degree-seeking CEHD student.
- Recipients must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students.
- Preference shall be given to students who are enroll in either a CEHD faculty-led study abroad program or an internship abroad program set up by CEHD faculty.
- Upon receiving a CEHD study abroad scholarship, recipients also agree to share their study abroad experience with the WMU community.
Applications for the CEHD Study/Internship Abroad Scholarship are accepted through WMU's ScholarshipUniverse system. To apply for this scholarship, prepare the following information:
- Letter of acceptance from the proposed study/internship abroad program and/or a letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor
- A 1-2 page essay describing:
- What you plan to do while abroad (e.g., where you will study, with what group or program you will be affiliated, what courses or research project you have planned);
- What you hope to learn while abroad; and
- How your study abroad program will contribute to your educational and professional development.
- List other financial aid/scholarships you have received
To view college and departmental scholarships, use the advanced search to filter by organization (College of Education and Human Development). You can search for the "CEHD Study Abroad Scholarship" directly in ScholarshipUniverse. You can also answer matching questions by clicking into individual CEHD/departmental scholarships before submitting your application.
CEHD scholarship tutorial video:
- For spring programs: November 15
- For summer programs: March 15
- For fall programs: May 15 (Extended deadline for 2022)