The Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation, or CAEP, "monitors how the Education Preparation Provider publicly reports candidate performance data and other consumer information on its website." (Policy 6.01; p.21-22, CAEP Accreditation Policy)
Annual Reporting Measures
Michigan Department of Education Score Reports
The annual Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Score Report issued by the Michigan Department of Education was comprised of three measures: Michigan Tests for Teacher Certification subject area tests, survey data from candidates and university supervisors, and teacher effectiveness ratings for program completers. During 2018 and 2019, the Michigan Department of Education has worked on updating the EPI score reporting criteria. Therefore, 2018 scores were reported in a different format and no EPI performance scores will be issued for 2019.
Program Impact Measures
1. Impact on P-12 learning and development
Data for this measure is still under development. Preliminary data and plans are included below. More robust data will be available by Fall 2019.
- Data and plan to assess Intern teacher impact on p-12 student learning and development
- Case study plan to assess the impact of WMU prepared teachers on p-12 student learning and development
2. Indicators of teaching effectiveness
WMU prepared teachers are consistently rated Highly Effective or Effective by their principals during their first three years of teaching.
- Michigan Department of Education educator evaluation calculation presentation
- Effectiveness Ratings for WMU completers, 2016-2018
3. Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones
Data for this measure is still under development. Preliminary data and plan are included below. More robust data will be available by Fall 2019.
4. Satisfaction of completers
We have traditionally relied on the Michigan Department of Education to collect information about completer satisfaction in their Year Out Survey. While this is good information, it is not enough. Therefore, we will be convening focus groups in 2019 to gather more robust and nuanced information.
Program Outcome Measures and Consumer Information
5. Graduation rates
6. Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements; Title II
Most of WMU education program completers are able to meet certification requirements.
- Michigan Test for Teacher Certification 3-year cumulative pass rates
- Title II website
- 2018 Title II report
- 2017 Title II report
7. Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they have prepared
WMU education program graduates are able to find jobs they like in their areas of preparation.