To export grades into Banner, you will need to complete two separate actions: prepare the final grades and export them to the Student Information System (SIS).
Prepare Final Grades
- Go to the Assessments tab in the course navigation bar at the top of your course homepage.
- Select Grades.
- From the Enter Grades tab (Elearning will default to this tab), select the Final Calculated Grade drop-down menu under Final Grades.
- Select Enter Grades from the dropdown list. The Final Grades page will open.
- Select the Final Grades drop-down menu.
- Select Transfer All (This will transfer all Final Calculated Grades to Final Adjusted Grades).
- Final Adjusted Grades will now be populated and ready to be sent to the student information system (SIS).
- Select Save and Close at the bottom of the screen, this will navigate back to the Enter Grades page.
Export Grades to the SIS
- Go to Assessments tab in the course navigation bar at the top of your course homepage.
- Select Grades.
- From the Enter Grades tab (Elearning will default to this tab), select the Export to SIS.
- On the following screen, Export Grades to SIS, select the type of grade to export (Final or Midterm)
- For Final Grades Only: If a student is receiving an E, the Last Date of Attendance page will be opened. Enter the student’s last date of attendance or select the date box to open a calendar to choose the date. If the student never attended the course, select the first day of the course as the date.
- Select Save and Continue to navigate to the Export Grades to SIS page.
- From the Export Grades to SIS page ensure all grades are accurate. Grades can be overridden or submitted as “I” for incomplete by selecting the pencil icon.
- Select Export All Grades to submit.
- For Courses with Combined Sections Only: Grades are submitted one section at a time. Select the section from the drop-down menu and select apply for each section.
- After selecting Export All Grades, a status page will open followed by results of the export for each student:
- Accepted by SIS: The grade was successfully submitted
- Out of Date: The grade has been updated and needs to be re-sent
- Not Ready to Send: There is no grade for the student
- Error: The grade could not be exported
- If you receive an error exporting grades, please contact the Help Desk (269-387-4357) or the Faculty Technology Center (269-387-6958) as soon as possible. Instructors can also check their Midterm or Final Grade Sheet in GoWMU to verify grades have been submitted.