Online undergraduate certificate in dance studio management
Designed to provide current and prospective dance studio owners with knowledge and skills related to managing their business.
Take your experience to the next level and improve your business or learn what it takes to succeed in owning your own dance studio
- Online flexibility for your work-life-school balance
- First-Step in Continued Learning without the dedication to a degree
Why dance studio management at Western Michigan University?
- The flexibility to balance your education with your life commitments
- Courses are taught by the same highly-qualified professors who teach in-person courses
- A unique curriculum featuring six courses to elevate your current knowledge and practice
A certificate in just six real-world courses
- DANC 3510 Dancer Wellness (Credits: 3 hours)
Information and strategies for specific health concerns of a dancer
- DANC 3520 Dance Studio Management (Credits: 3 hours)
Entrepreneurship, business entities & creating a business plan, studio location and facility considerations, marketing strategies for growing your business, and record keeping and basic financial statements
- DANC 3530 Employee Client Relations (Credits: 3 hours)
Interactions and relationships between a dance studio owner/instructor and parents, students, and staff
- DANC 3540 Recital Preparation/Production (Credits: 3 hours)
Planning, profitability, and production
- DANC 3550 Training Theories for Dancers (Credits: 3 hours)
An exploration of physical training principles as they apply to students in a dance studio
- DANC 3560 Curriculum Development-Dance Studios (3 hours)
This course encompasses strategies to develop curriculum, block planning and lesson plans specifically for Dance technique courses
Why you should apply
- You’re a university student who want to be a dance studio owner
- As a current dance studio owner, you wish to improve your skills
- Looking to learn the skills to follow your dreams of running your own dance studio
Western Michigan University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance. The Department of Dance provides the highest quality undergraduate education to prepare students for vibrant, professional careers in dance and related fields. WMU is committed to:
- The highest aesthetic standards
- Being of service to our diverse cultural global community
- Excellence in creative and scholarly research
- Exemplary, experientially based teaching
Employer tuition reimbursement
If your employer has a tuition reimbursement program, find out about WMU’s deferment program for employer paid tuition.
"Best bang for the buck"
Washington Monthly placed WMU on a list of national universities that offer "the best bang for the buck." WMU came in at No. 50 based on the economic value students receive per dollar.
Receive information about this program, tuition and more.
Select “Domestic” if you are one of the following: US Citizen, US Dual Citizen, US Permanent Resident, Asylee/Refugee, or undocumented/DACA.