Applying to the Seita Scholars program, which includes the Seita scholarship, is separate from applying to WMU. To be eligible applicants must be between the ages of 17-25 and:
- Qualify for the Educational Training Voucher (see for example, Michigan's ETV program) and/or the Michigan Education Trust Fostering Futures Scholarship.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be admitted to WMU as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
- Before you graduate from high school register for Michigan's Tuition Incentive Program. If you don't register for TIP before you graduate, you will lose out on the TIP opportunity.
- Before May 15:
- Complete and submit your WMU application.
- Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Complete and submit your Seita Scholars Program and Scholarship Application.
- Applicants selected to the Seita Scholars program will be notified by letter. Upon receiving your letter of acceptance to the Seita Scholars program:
- Sign up for WMU Orientation (where you register for classes).
- Register for Summer Early Transition Week.
- Plan to attend WMU Fall Welcome Week.
All students accepted to the Seita Scholars program are required to attend Summer Early Transition Week. Dates for summer 2021 are July 12-15. Housing and food will be provided on WMU’s campus (If the event is held in person).
Seita Scholars Program
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5302 USA
Phone: (269) 387-8362
Fax: (269) 387-8360
1111 Faunce Student Services Building, Mail Stop 5302