Applying to the Seita Scholars program, which includes the Seita scholarship, is separate from applying to WMU. To be eligible applicants must be between the ages of 17-25 and:
- Qualify for the Educational Training Voucher (see for example, Michigan's ETV program) and/or the Michigan Education Trust Fostering Futures Scholarship.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be admitted to WMU as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
- Before you graduate from high school register for Michigan's Tuition Incentive Program. If you don't register for TIP before you graduate, you will lose out on the TIP opportunity.
- Before March 1:
- Complete and submit your WMU application.
- Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Complete and submit your Seita Scholars Program and Scholarship Application.
- Applicants selected to the Seita Scholars program will be notified by letter. Upon receiving your letter of acceptance to the Seita Scholars program:
- Sign up for WMU Orientation (where you register for classes).
- Register for Summer Early Transition Week.
- Plan to attend WMU Fall Welcome Week.
All students accepted to the Seita Scholars program are required to attend Summer Early Transition Week. Dates for summer 2018 are tentatively July 16-19. Housing and food will be provided on WMU’s campus.
Seita Scholars Program
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5302 USA
Phone: (269) 387-8362
Fax: (269) 387-8360
1111 Faunce Student Services Building, Mail Stop 5302