Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5212 USA
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Michigan State University, 2003
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 1998
- Graduate Certificate, Holistic Health Care, Western Michigan University, 1998
- B.A., Psychology, University of Michigan, 1995
- B.M.A., Trumpet Performance, University of Michigan, 1995
- Check my Certification on LARA
Dr. Lori Gray is an Associate Professor, Licensed Doctoral Psychologist, mindfulness meditation teacher, and a certified wellness coach. She earned her Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and Graduate Certificate in Holistic Health Care from Western Michigan University and completed her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Michigan State University. In 2014 she earned a post-doctoral certificate from the University of Massachusetts Medical School to teaching Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. She is also a certified wellness coach, having trained and mentored new wellness coaches with international training institutes. Dr. Gray’s scholarly presentations (at both national and regional events) and publications include the efficacy of mindfulness-based interventions, stress reduction, living well with chronic pain/illness, and the role of contemplative pedagogy in higher education.
Dr. Gray is also a stroke survivor. One of her current research project evolved from her personal stroke recovery journey into the nation’s first-of-its-kind mindfulness-based training for stroke survivors.
She currently serves as the Program Director for Western Michigan University's Integrative Holistic health and Wellness Program.