Alexandra Burgett Endowed scholarship
- Demonstrated financial need - applicant must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Undergraduate level student majoring in Healthcare Services and Sciences (HSS)
- Must be enrolled at WMU, a full-time HSS student at the time of application and in the Fall 2023 semester
- Must have a 3.0 minimum grade point average
- It is preferred that students are currently working in a part-time job at least 10 hours a week
- Must be available to attend the award ceremony in Kalamazoo on Friday in April 21, 2023, from 5-6:30 p.m.
- 5 p.m., February 28, 2023
- Recipient will be notified by Friday March 24, 2023
- For 2023-2024, two scholarships of $3,500 each will be awarded
- Applicants will be evaluated on financial need, GPA and their essay
- Award will be credited directly to the recipient’s student account in the fall of 2023
- Complete application form (includes page for essay response)
- Essay must be single spaced, 12 pt. font and 500 words or less
- Essay Question: Please write an essay that describes your commitment to providing service to others. Please address the following points:
-What service to others means to you and how you have demonstrated that service.
-Specific information about service activities and experiences you have completed.
-What your future goals are and how you envision service as part of that future.
Application can be submitted as follows:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(must be received by 5 p.m. on February 28)
- Personally deliver to Healthcare Services and Sciences office located at the College of Health and Human Services, suite 2400
(deliver by 5 p.m. on February 28)
- Mail to our scholarship committee (must be received by February 28)
Healthcare Services and Sciences
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5378