Western Michigan University's Community Blue Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plan is administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM). Benefits may include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Dental and vision benefits are administered by BCBSM partners.
Transparency in Coverage RULE
The link below leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Please note that the files are large, please check your system capacity before downloading.
Community Blue PPO network providers
Register for BCBSM to search for physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers in the Community Blue PPO network.
Learn how to compare and choose a health care provider.
BCBSM Health tools
- Blue365 - find deals on weight loss programs, hearing aids, eye care services and much more exclusive to BCBSM members.
- Blue Cross Health & Wellness (powered by WebMD).
- Member Overview
- Health and Wellness Assessment
- Digital Health Assistant
- Daily Victory and Weigh Today Mobile Apps
On-campus health care
- Sindecuse Health Center, including the pharmacy, is in-network.
- Receive preferred pricing for prescription drugs at Sindecuse.
- Your deductible is 50% of the in-network plan deductible if you visit Sindecuse for health care services.
Prescription drug coverage
Your prescription drug benefit is provided through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's prescription drug program.
- BCBSM Custom Drug List (Formulary) and any Custom Drug List updates.
- BCBSM Pharmacy FAQ's - answers to questions regarding prior authorization, step therapy, and specialty drugs.
- Sindecuse Pharmacy - a full-service pharmacy offering a complete range of prescription medications and a number of over-the-counter non-prescription items.
For claims you must submit yourself, complete the appropriate form, sign, and mail with original receipts to the address provided on the claim form.
Need more help?
Contact Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for coverage and claims information concerning medical, prescription drug, vision, or dental benefits.
- BCBSM Customer Service: (877) 671-2583
- Meet with a BCBSM representative on campus most Thursdays. You can also consult with the representative via phone call. Call (269) 387-3620 to make an appointment.
- Benefit Notices
- HIPAA - establishes certain privacy rights regarding employees' personal health information.