The Office of Institutional Research serves the University community by providing the data, analysis, and research needed to make informed, data-driven decisions in a timely manner. The Office leads data governance at Western Michigan University by deliberately managing, ensuring, and promoting the integrity of data in order to foster a culture that values using information to improve the effectiveness of current activities and plan for the future. We anticipate the needs of the University community and align our services to directly support the University’s mission of being learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged. We serve as the leader in responsible use and management of information and help others achieve maximum value from data as an asset.
The Office of Institutional Research consistently achieves excellence in meeting the evolving information needs of the University community and is the most reliable source of timely, high-quality analysis for compliance, institutional planning, and decision support.
The Office of Institutional Research serves the University community and its stakeholders according to these core values:
- We act with honesty and integrity
- We use and manage information responsibly and make every effort to prevent its misunderstanding and misuse
- We maintain objectivity by minimizing subjective biases in our work
- We secure confidential information to uphold the trust of our stakeholders
- We show pride, enthusiasm, and a dedication to high quality in all that we do