Click Training Schedule to view upcoming training for faculty, deans, departmental chairs and directors, and other users.
Download instructions related to Western Michigan University's Faculty Activity Reporting System via the links below.
- A Quick Start Guide to Faculty Activity Reporting System
- How to export publications from EndNote
- How to export publications from Google Scholar
- How to add publications to WMU FARS by importing a BibTex or RIS file | Video
- How to export and customize a vita
The links below offer specific instructions on how to export publication histories from a variety of databases available through WMU's Library.
College of Arts and Sciences
- ProQuest (EconLit; Linguistics)
- EBSCOhost (America: History and Life; Anthropology Plus; Communication & Mass Media Complete; Education Abstracts; and Historical Abstracts)
College of Education and Human Development
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Health and Human Services
- EBSCOhost (Blindness and Low Vision Studies)
- PubMed does not support RIS or BibTex export function.
Watch the videos below for instructions and guidance to use WMU's Faculty Activity Reporting System.
To access a number of more detailed guides and tutorials, log into the FARS system and navigate to the upper-right hand corner. Click on your name, then on Knowledge Base. There you will find videos designed for faculty use; videos for system administrators; and links to useful Webinars.
FARS training sessions for deans, chairs, and directors; administrative support account holders; and faculty members were offered in past semesters in 2018 and 2019.
This coming fall 2021, only training sessions on FARS for faculty members have been scheduled on the following dates. Other types of users may contact the Office of Institutional Research for help regarding how to use the system.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
10:00 AM-11:30 PM
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
2:00 PM-3:30 PM
Sangren Hall: Room 3120
Monday, October 11, 2021
3:30 PM-5:00 PM
To register for one of the training sessions, please click here and follow these steps.
1. Log in with your NetID and password.
2. Select "2021" for Year.
3. Select "Faculty Activity Reporting Sys" for Group.
4. Click "Apply Filters".
5. Select one of the training sessions you like.
6. Click "Click here to register for this class" and click "OK".